Here are solution of some problems related to computer.

Thursday 1 December 2011

When I power on my PC, I receive an error message stating “Please select a proper boot drive and continue”.

Problem details: Dual Core E2180 2 GHz processor, 1.87 GB of RAM and a 250 GB HDD on my PC, before my present 250 GB HDD, I had a 180 GB hard drive and with that too I had the same problem. I have a temporary solution for this — I disconnect the SATA cable and then plug it back in and also check the RAM slots subsequently. The first boot drive is set to the SATA hard drive in the BIOS. I need a permanent solution for this problem.

There can be a few possible reasons for the problem with your PC. Either the CMOS battery of your motherboard is weak or it might be dead, or there is an issue with the hard drive data or power cable. There can also be a problem with your motherboard. A virus infection could also be wiping the boot area of your hard drive. You will need to do a step-by-step analysis of your PC by changing the cables and battery and scanning for viruses.

If the CMOS battery on the motherboard is weak or dead, the BIOS settings are reset to defaults.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Solution of pc problems.... Copyright © 2011 | Template created by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger